This page sucks. #angst
I agree wholeheartedly. I watched it today as well. The choreography is just amazing!
Absolutely! And I say this as someone who has some pretty legit stage combat experience. The characters all have distinctly different styles of fighting and the way they’ve used the environment in the choreography is inspired. It’s a glorious thing to watch.
In other news, I enjoy watching absurdly attractive men beat the crap out of each other. Has anyone else watched Warrior?
I recently found a copy of Marisha Pessl’s Special Topics in Calamity Physics, which was recommended to me by a friend who has exquisite taste in literature. It seems to have all the things I love - freakish isolated boarding schools, good writing, and a boatload of moral ambiguity. Naturally I’m super excited to start reading it.
Thanks for the ask!
Thanks so much!
Gosh. Yeah. I have so many tips.
- Don’t be too hard on yourself. It’s called a ‘draft’ for a reason. Whenever you find a mistake, instead of thinking it as something you need to fix, thing of it as something that’s going to make your manuscript better.
- But take no prisoners. Don’t be afraid to cut things you love, or to question the very fabric of your story. This is how you grow as a writer.
- Get to know yourself. What sort of mistakes are you prone to? Where do you excel? The better you know your strengths and weaknesses as a writer, the better your writing will become.
- Get some eyes on it besides your own. Beta readers will alert you to things you never would have noticed otherwise.
- EDIT ON PAPER. Yo, I understand that it’s heart-stoppingly expensive to print 350+ pages of manuscript for manual editing. But you know what? There are things that you will spot on paper that you will never see on a screen.
That’s my two cents! Hope it helps.
Did you watch Captain America 1 or 2 earlier?Winter Soldier! I somehow hadn’t seen it yet and decided to get a move on before I saw the entire thing in gif form here on Tumblr. I have to say, whoever did their combat choreography should win an Oscar, because it was fucking sexy.
Hmm. That’s hard to say. I don’t consider myself a feminist in the traditional sense of the word. Before you get angry at me, let me explain - I don’t call myself a feminist because I don’t believe in the isolated advancement of women. I believe in equality for everyone, be they black, white, green, male, female, straight, gay, whatever. I’m an equalist. It’s an umbrella that covers feminism I suppose. I like to see women kick butt as much as the next girl but I don’t (personally) come at it as an isolated issue. I just think everyone’s who’s biologically human should be on equal footing, and gender is only one element of that.
I hope that makes sense.
whatcha reading?;)Currently I am rereading Lev Grossman’s The Magicians, but the cat has fallen asleep on my book and he looks really comfortable so I haven’t had the heard to move him. Hence my current boredom. Blame the cat.
Tumblr folks, I’m bored to death, so if you’ve ever wanted to ask me anything, now’s the time.
"You Know, I Wanna Write A Book Someday." They say this to you with this wistful gleam in their eye, as if writing is just a hobby, like it’s just some distant silliness that they’ll get to when th…
Chuck Wendig is, as always, wonderful.
Sitting alone in my room drinking cheap California wine and watching Captain America, don’t tell me I’m not a patriot.